Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well someone smiled on me this past Monday found a LNIB Cowboy it sat in a safe for 7 years bought new from Cabelas then shot less than 20 rounds threw it last weekend and did not like the gun IE kick. He didnt even clean the Cosmolen off the bolt. So sold it to me for 550.00 I did not even hagle as there is not a mark on her.
What really cought my eye was the figured walnut stock now if they could have just matched the forearm better.
I will say time, paitence, and of course luck help. IMG_20140319_194149.jpg IMG_20140319_194104.jpg IMG_20140319_193958.jpg IMG_20140319_194051.jpg IMG_20140319_194007.jpg

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry 26 inch 45/70

·
Registered
10,528 Posts
Nice! :congrats:Its good to be lucky ever now then.:tee: Lets us know how she shoots.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
luck?!!?!?!? i would be looking over my shoulder for the flashing red lights and sirens at that price! you got yourself a heck of a deal utah! congratulations!:congrats:

·
Premium Member
16,815 Posts
Hey Utah,

Seen any flashing lights? Sirens?

That is a great deal, on a great rifle!

Good for you! (get that lottery ticket) LOL

Later, Mark

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Utah I am sure this deal was made after dark, down a dead end ally under a dimmed street light. Make sure you cover your tracks while sneaking it home. eh

·
Registered
20,306 Posts
Congrats!:tee:

Reactions: utahtrapper

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Nice steal!! Keep us posted with a range report..

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Are we sure he wasn't fencing stolen property???? Awesome find!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Wow, I know we all want to have that luck. You better get a lotto ticket while you still got the mojo! Great find there! :congrats:

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
Your new rifle looks really nice my friend and glad you got it. You are sure right about that butt stock. You have some tough decisions to make before hunting season with all of those fine Marlins you been stacking up.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Utrapper, very nice Marlin and in 45-70 to boot. Oh by the way keep looking over your shoulder, the cops got to be on the way, cause that's GTM, if ever there was. Congrats, keep checking with that same person in case he has another gun he doesn't like. Take care, John.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Utahtrapper, did you do some kind of dance for or prayers to the "Gun God"? He sure likes you!!! Congratulations on your new rifle, a great rifle at a great price.

Jack

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Utrapper, very nice Marlin and in 45-70 to boot. Oh by the way keep looking over your shoulder, the cops got to be on the way, cause that's GTM, if ever there was. Congrats, keep checking with that same person in case he has another gun he doesn't like. Take care, John.
He has a Win 94AE 30-30 for 400.00 PM me if interested

1 - 20 of 21 Posts