Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Ok I have a little story about Unk (my uncle) he knew I liked lever guns. I had owned a Winchester 94 and well one day I ended up with my 336A. After I shot my first group with the A decided right there I never wanted another Winchester. Unk knows I like leverguns and gets to needing some money to buy a toy of the powder burning variety. He was visiting one holiday and asks if I wanted a Big Bore 94. Even though I do like the look of the 94 Whinny the Big Bore fat receiver things never appealed. He wanted 450 including 5 boxes of ammo. I declined. He sold the gun to my Grandfather. Fast forward a few years. Unk gets his Big Bore 94 back and puts it away. Well I end up visiting Unk, of course we get to talking guns, and I ask to see his Big Bore 94. Unk pulls out a Marlin 375! In about the condition of the one here that just sold. I say "Unk I don't think this is a Big Bore 94." He grabs a box of Winchester Cartridge Co's 375 ammo, points to the side of it "Yes it is! See Big Bore 94."

He still has it and I have wanted it ever since. So with the understanding that true value is what someone is willing to pay when you want to sell, what should one of these be worth?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bman said:
He still has it and I have wanted it ever since. So with the understanding that true value is what someone is willing to pay when you want to sell, what should one of these be worth?

That was a wild & crazy story, Bman. Since he's family, ask for it for free :lol: . If he doesn't go for that, offer him $250 for the worthless piece of crap :wink: .

Seriously, $375 - $500 seems to be the range.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts