Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On 9/8-11, the NCMLRA is holding a state championship. There are many categories to shoot in and that includes inlines and Black Powder Cartridge Rifles. Location is Cross Creek R&P Club in NC. Going to be lots of fun and lots of categories so there's not much excuse for not participating if you live anywhere near.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Well I used to be. I would load up a bunch of my old shooting buddies and come down and show you all what some Hoosier Shooters can do.
Trouble is I do not have enough room in my Van to haul 3 other guys our rifles and shooting boxes AND the canes and walkers.

Good luck with the shoot. I hope you are crowded with families too.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I used to be. I would load up a bunch of my old shooting buddies and come down and show you all what some Hoosier Shooters can do.
Trouble is I do not have enough room in my Van to haul 3 other guys our rifles and shooting boxes AND the canes and walkers.

Good luck with the shoot. I hope you are crowded with families too.
Well like many other black powder organizations, the NCMLRA has suffered from declining membership recently but we have some new guys who are enthusiastically working to kick start it back into life. Part and parcel to this is holding shoots where you don't have to be a rondy roundballer to have fun. I'm working to get a group of North South Skirmishers together to do a demonstration shoot of our competition so that can be included in later competitions. I've thrown down the gauntlet to the round ballers to shoot against us:p

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Well thank you for the effort. It is tough to get a range and that is a big factor here ( Indiana ) and I would guess everywhere.
You need the youth that are dedicated and willing to work both on a range and to recruit others.
I wish you and your group well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts