Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CAUTION: The following post includes loading data not covered by published sources of tested data for this cartridge. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I have compiled data for some lighter-than-200 grain bullets in my 18.5” .35 Remington that I thought some might find helpful. The table contains data from powder manufacturers, either maximum or reduced charges, and data I developed myself. All appeared to be less than excessive in my rifle, and all were also fired in my 14” Contender, which will indicate high pressures sooner than most rifles will. All bullets were seated to the cannelure in RP cases with WLR primers, and were fired between 75* and 95* F. Not all are maximum loads, but follow safe loading guidelines by starting several grains below any of my charges.

Font Parallel Number Pattern

FWIW, the 150-grain CoreLokt is from a batch of 500 I purchased about 20 years ago. Contrary to what many who have not used it claim, it is both an excellent game bullet (horns to prove it) and perfectly safe in a tubular magazine. And it wasn’t developed for the .350 Rem Mag either, being introduced decades prior to that cartridge. Anyway, I was surprised at the velocities I was able to achieve, at what appear to be moderate pressures.

The Speer HP isn’t a hunting bullet but serves as a good plinking or varmint bullet.

The 180 Speer is one if the best deer bullets in the .35, and I was pleased at the velocity achieved in my short barrel with a load using Hodgdon’s LVR maximum charge. That velocity is the same as produced by 180-grain loads in the .300 Savage.

I didn’t list accuracy since that is more a function of the barrel and sights than the load. The better loads averaged between 1.5 and 2 moa, plenty good enough for deer. I hope you find the data interesting.

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
Nice data list and thanks for posting. I have been using 200gr Sierra RN in my 35 Rems and have not experimented with lighter bullets yet. I use 150gr Core-lokt in my 30-30 without any issues. 2100 fps with 30.2gr of IMR 4895. I must give credit to papajohn for that load.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts