Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought that would get your attention. ;-)

Sighting in a new scope today. Pawnshop Marlin 30AW (c. 1995?), .30/30 LEVERevolution, 100yds. The secret seems to be taking my time and allowing the barrel to stay cool. Now I need to work on shooting without the sandbags.

:D

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
zuikowarrior (cool name)

Wow! Really great shooting. Did you have to tweek the barrel bands or did you just prop and shoot?

SS

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Yep, my 1965 Revelation 200 30-30 shoots LEVERevolution like that @ 100 yds. with scope set on 4X! :D

Cool, ain't it!? 8)

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No tweaking bands or anything else - I'm not smart enough to know how to do that.

Yeah, it really is cool for a $200 rifle. Lots of fun outshooting some very much more expensive bolt-action rifles on the range at the same time - I peek when I walk past their targets to pick up mine.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
zuikowarrior said:
No tweaking bands or anything else - I'm not smart enough to know how to do that.

Yeah, it really is cool for a $200 rifle. Lots of fun outshooting some very much more expensive bolt-action rifles on the range at the same time - I peek when I walk past their targets to pick up mine.

Great Shooting...

Tweaking the bands is easy just loosen and tighten a quarter turn at a time to try to tighten groups up.. just remember where you started.. I use nail polish and draw a line through the slot to the solid metal just light so you can see it.. when your done it will come off with hoppe's solvent.. just fine light lines ...in the polish.. not the metal.. and only do one at a time for adjustment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts