Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,870 Posts
What company makes LEVERevolution® gun powder?

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
The way I understand it, the LVR powder was designed for the 30-30 & 35rem and that’s where it’s magic really shows.
I think it’s called “caliber specific powder”.

·
Super Moderator
15,824 Posts
The bottle also list the Marlin 308 Express along with the other two and I also found on the web site listings for 25-35 Winchester,338 Marlin Express, 338 Federal. Here's the link I hope. Mr fixit
http://www.hodgdon.com/PDF/SuperLever.pdf

·
Premium Member
12,567 Posts
It's too slow of a powder to be very useful in the 444. I'm sure you can make it go "bang", but to get efficiency out of the 444, you need a faster burning powder.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I think all of us handloaders are guilty of looking for a magic powder. I know most of the ones I've bought over the years are more about exploration of what's possible rather than just sticking to the mapped out, tried and true. For the 444, the closest thing to magic I've found would either be VV N120 or VV N130. Unfortunately, the N120 supply seems to have pretty much dried up.
Regards,
Duhawki

·
Premium Member
12,567 Posts
I know my handloads using H4198 and the 265 gr FN Hornady bullet are going 2275 fps and are devastating on deer. The new Superformance 265 gr ammo claims 2400 fps, so they should do an even better job especially on larger game.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts