Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if it just needs more oil or if there is something physically blocking it, but the lever will stick sometimes when I go to reload. If I push the lever back forward all the way and then pull back again it will go. If I go fast with the action it works everytime, but if I slow it down a little bit it acts up. Ive attached pictures of when its getting stuck, both the lever spot and carrier position. Any ideas what it might be catching on? When it sticks it literally wont be pulled back until I push it back foward the 1/8" to get the carrier to drop back down and try to push back up.

As far as I can tell its not catching on the loading spring.

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
Go to the gunsmithing section and the polishing action sticky. Might just be a burr in there somewhere. Has it always done this

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
Jm or rep stamp barrel?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JM stamp, main reason I bought it. I was trying to buy a new one locally but couldnt find any at a decent price so I looked online for a nice used one and this one popped up right down the road. Couldnt pass it up.

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
Try polishing the action first which makes it much nicer anyway

·
Registered
672 Posts
It appears to me in picture lever has captured carrier and at the point of roll over on lever leading edge. Take bolt out and while cycling look down through and see if this is occurring at this point. May be an issue with leading edge of lever or carrier rocker issue. The carrier rocker rides up face of lever to point raising carrier aligning cartridge to chamber, cycling lever forward to the point that rocker rides up face at point it slides over angle cut on face and when clear falls. No touch, no see, just trying to help.

·
Administrator
23,826 Posts
Very often that happens if the loading gate is loose or bent inward a little. Causes the lifter to stick and it stops the lever. Usually a little wiggle or two and the lever closes again.

Check the screw behind the loading gate. Be aware that screw is easy to snap off so don't get to heavy handed with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.