Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I very recently got a used 308MX and have slicked it up with an "action job" like the one described here. One problem remains. Before the polishing and still after the polishing the lever is very rough in getting back started on the closing stroke. It is as the carrier first starts back down and the bolt begins to ride over the ejector. I have worked the action with the ejector removed and eliminated that as a problem. I have never really sat down and thought out the process of the workings of the 336 but I guess will have to do so if someone can't give me the quick answer to what still needs attention. Thanks for any help.
Goat

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link! I think I have it down to the area labled as "6" on the lever. With much polishing it is getting smoother. I did try another lever in it and it worked as slick as could be.It really looks as though they did not radius the curve there enough to make it slick as it should have been. Cycling the action as fast as you really should it is already 100% better. Thanks for the help.
Goat

·
Contributing Member
11,599 Posts
Goat said:
Thanks for the link! I think I have it down to the area labled as "6" on the lever. With much polishing it is getting smoother. I did try another lever in it and it worked as slick as could be.It really looks as though they did not radius the curve there enough to make it slick as it should have been. Cycling the action as fast as you really should it is already 100% better. Thanks for the help.
Goat
Glad it helped. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts