Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, just a question about the lever on Marlins. The lever on my gun drops a little - doesn't open the action at all but drops down with the slightest movement. Is this normal? Appreciate some help on this one.

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Very common for one that has been shot a bit. Has no effect on its shooting.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sure-shot
I was wondering about that. The rifle is great - need to get used to it as open sights are difficult. I fired a 44mag and was really impressed. The 357 is a bit lite on but a hoot to shoot. Thanks for the reply.

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
You might try shooting one with a peep sight or tang sight. The tang sight makes you hold the rifle differntly but works great. The peep sight is a lot easier for me to use than the iron sights.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess these rifles are not really meant for paper shooting and more for game or single action stuff. I found that shooting it straight up onto the target without resting the rifle on anything, did just as well as bench rest, if not better. I will look into the peep sight or tang and see if anyone around here actually uses them. I'd like to have a go with these sights before spending the money. They're not cheap. Thanks again Sure-Shot. Good to be speaking to someone from the other side of the planet.
Cheers.

·
Registered
63 Posts
G'day Rick O'Shey,

Marbles tang sights are available from Gold Coast Shooters Supplies for $210 :shock:

Williams receiver sights are a tad cheaper and ideal IMHO. 5D model(slide adjustable height & windage) for about $75 and FP model(micrometer click adjustable height & windage) for about $145 ordered from your local gun shop.

Here's a coupla pics of my Marlin '94CB Limited .45Colt with 5D 94/36 model..........

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c110/Mucus01/gun5d001.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c110/Mucus01/gun5d002.jpg

HTH

Mucus

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello, I have had good luck with an aperture sight that mounts on the standard Marlin folding sight by replacing the blade. Works great and looks clean, price is very reasonable as well. One Ragged Hole is the companies name. Check out his web site www.oneraggedhole.com
Regards,Patch

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Patch. Looks Ideal and smart on the rifle. I'll have to scout around for a distributor in Oz. Cheers
Dan

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have a big bore that I use for CAS and I had a tang sight mounted and you do have hold the rifle differently. It made it difficult for the big bore stuff and I switched to a Lyman model 66 receiver sight and have better luck. I also have a lyman globe sight with changeable inserts. Find the one you like and plink away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts