Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought 1895GS about 2 months ago and have run about 75 rounds through it no problem but today it jammed. Lever stuck open. After removing the jam and the rest of the rounds(manually) the lever still sticks open and will only close when i hold the gun upside down. I know next to nothing about fixing guns. So my question is should I have Marlin/Remington repair it or is it something a local gunsmith should be able to handle.. I just want it fixed correctly.. Hunting season is almost here . I would appreciate any help.Thanks alot..

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
don't bother with remington they don't know their a## from their elbow over there. Check the gunsmithing section it sound like maybe the carrier is getting stuck but I could be way off. Find a local smith and have him look at it. I wouldn't think it would be that hard to fix. Then send the bill to remington. ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Having second issue with this gun since I bought it six months ago. Got gun back from gunsmith/marlin. Was working good. Now 50 rounds later it is jamming and misfiring now. Im so frustrated I cant stand it. I have to send it back. This is insane. Told them I wanted a new gun or a refund but said I have to send it back regardless.....I have owned Marlins for 10 years or so..What a shame... :mad:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I feel your pain. I had to send two back for repair and ultimately ended up returning the for refunds. I now only buy marlins pre 2007 that way I know remington was not involved at all. I would just return it and demand a refund then go find a lightly used one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts