Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Leupold rimfire scope on 336

5K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Halwg 
#1 ·
I am thinking of putting a Vx-1 2-7x28 rimfire scope on my 336. It has the same dimensions as the vx-II 2-7x28 ultralight......minus better glass and click adjustments.....for about $100 less. For 10 bucks, you can order a rimfire scope and change the parallax adjustment from 50 to 100 yards.

I think the profile of this scope would look really nice on a 336...you could mount it nice and low. Anyone see any downside with the idea? I am going to use the rifle for treestand deer hunting.

My other ideas are are the vx-1 1-4x20 shotgun scope (I'm not crazy about the heavy duplex reticle and might would like more magnification than 4x) and the Redfield 2-7x33 (really like the scope but the rimfire scope is smaller and lighter).

http://www.opticsplanet.net/leupold-vari-x-2-7x28mm-compact-rifle-scope.html

#2 ·
I've seen it done but I like a heavier duplex. I think the glass is just as good from handling those exact scopes myself. There is no reason to change the parallax at our ranges either.

#8 ·
I have a 366ss 30-30 with a simmons 22mag insilver 4x 28. works fine and is proportional to rifle. Have put many hundres of rounds through it and it holds zero .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.