Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent this off today, we will see if it does any good. Also posted in "group buys" forum.

Worth asking I suppose.

"Greetings,
Myself and quite a few others located in the "save the condor" zones of CA are wondering if Barnes would consider a special run of a 220-230gr TSX bullet, in .375 diameter suitable for use in a lever action 375 Winchester caliber, rifle, with a design like that of your offering for the 30-30?

I am aware that your bullets are CNC machined, and it would seem that just a slight modification of that program, to allow for the larger dia, and possible (probable?) length difference. We would form a "group buy" to make it worth your while, and for us to allow our 375's for something other than safe queens or target guns.

I have been working on modifying some of your, 270 and 300gr, .375 TSX bullets, one at a time, but due to retirement, moving, and building a new home, it got put on the back burner. The 270gr, cut to a flat nose hollow point, yields about a 220-230gr bullet, and can be seated quite far out and still feed reliably. Also, I have been using the pressure grooves as a crimp groove as well. However, since you already have your .308 program designed to make a crimp groove, it might not be a bad thing.

Please let me know if this is a feasible idea, and if so, what quantities and pricing would be expected. I'm sure others, not in the CA area, would also consider them due to the performance Barnes bullets have exibited in the past.

Apologies for the first letter, accidentally sent before proof reading.

Thanks for your consideration,

sincerely,"

·
Registered
550 Posts
I don't know if it will do any good but it never hurts to ask. I kinda posted something similar a few days ago asking Hornady for a 225-235gr in 375 in there new mono-metal, gummy tip bullet. It would work well for the 375 JDJ also.

The 375 needs a new lead free bullet for sure. How much is one of them "condor zone" tags any ways? ;D

John

·
Premium Member
5,222 Posts
Good luck!

Unfortunately, its hard to even find a regular jacketed bullet anymore for the 375.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts