Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Email
Hope your company can bring Marlin products' quality back up to past levels. Were they perfect? Not at all. But, they were very attentive when a customer had a problem aned addressed it promply. (speaking from personal experience). Some of the new product I have seen lately has been very dissapointing. Some were totally inoperable out of the box. Will not go into detail as I am sure you have heard plenty already. I , my sons and other family members are long time Marlin fans and customers going back to the 1970's. Love them and would like to continue to buy and enjoy them with confidence. Hoping this helps. Not carping, just trying to help an old friend out. On a brighter note, my two nephews and I recently purchased Remington 870 Express combos in 12 guage and I have nothing but praise foor them. All trouble free and reliable. Thanks for listening, Joe N.

Response:
Thank you for visiting Remington Country! We certainly appreciate you taking the time to write in with your question. We appreciate your feed back as we continue to push Marlin into the future. We hope to ensure that future generation enjoy and appreciate the look and feel of Marlin. Again thank youo for your feed back and support.

What do you think? Sound like a standard reply?

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Yep. It certainly sounds/looks like a canned response. Hopefully you'll receive better than that once a human being actually read your email. If not, ... :'(

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
It's the automatic reply you get when you email Remington. You should get an email from a real person within a couple of days.

·
Registered
593 Posts
It doesn't sound like a automated response to me due to them mentioning Marlin in their response but what else would you expect them to say; We are sorry we have turned a great gun into a piece of crap and we are going to destroy the reputation it took Marlin 200 years to earn. ????????

I think you just did hear from a human being and would be very shocked if you get another reply.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
push marlin into the future???? heck, i want the quality, selection of product, and delawyering of the past! ::)

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
IMHO it is definitely a canned response. They appreciate you for writing your question?? The question you wrote was not directed at Remington and you answered that one anyway.

·
Super Moderator
15,833 Posts
fhmusa said:
My Email
Hope your company can bring Marlin products' quality back up to past levels. Were they perfect? Not at all. But, they were very attentive when a customer had a problem aned addressed it promply. (speaking from personal experience). Some of the new product I have seen lately has been very dissapointing. Some were totally inoperable out of the box. Will not go into detail as I am sure you have heard plenty already. I , my sons and other family members are long time Marlin fans and customers going back to the 1970's. Love them and would like to continue to buy and enjoy them with confidence. Hoping this helps. Not carping, just trying to help an old friend out. On a brighter note, my two nephews and I recently purchased Remington 870 Express combos in 12 guage and I have nothing but praise foor them. All trouble free and reliable. Thanks for listening, Joe N.

Response:
Thank you for visiting Remington Country! We certainly appreciate you taking the time to write in with your question. We appreciate your feed back as we continue to push Marlin into the future. We hope to ensure that future generation enjoy and appreciate the look and feel of Marlin. Again thank youo for your feed back and support.

What do you think? Sound like a standard reply?

Canned....The only question I see in the entire letter is "Were they perfect?" Or am I missing something??
I wish they would quit pushing Marlin, stop and take a hard look at what a Marlin was known for, then proceed to produce a good Marlin line. Mr fixit

1 - 8 of 8 Posts