Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allright! The Director of the Bureau of Prisons put out a memo yesterday affirming Retirees qualifications and detailing the Bureau actions regarding id's. (our ID's were not stamped LEO) That gives us 50 state CCW! same as any other LEO.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Yeah, but since he is refusing to provide annual requalifications for retired folk, won't do them much good. How much would that actually cost the Bureau? Hardly nothing. Give them 20+ of the best years of your life, and they don't do a thing for their retired. The people who really could use it for self defense are denied, unless they can find an alternative.

Bob

·
Registered
117 Posts
Wow this forum is a little slow.

They are currently rewording the definitions for retiree.

This bit of legeslation is hotly contested at work as we are POST certified Peace Officers but the LEOPA of 2004 specificly states STATUTORY POWERS OF ARREST, I don't know about other states but here in Georgia our powers of arrest end at the guard line or are extended to escapees on a manhunt.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those folks who chose other occupations usually have not raised the ire of a LOT of the criminal element and usually have not had a number of threats against their life, most of which are hot gas, but you just never know. And you never know how long some evil jerk will hold a grudge.....make more sense to you now?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yellowbelly3, it only took you 5 years to get up the gumption to whine about it.

BTW, 4 months from today I can get my BOP retired ID card but I'll try to stick it out to the end of the month.

·
Banned
260 Posts
jdh said:
Yellowbelly3, it only took you 5 years to get up the gumption to whine about it.
no, jdh - jdporkbellyh? - it only took me five years to find this thread. Condescension is hard habit to give up, isn't it? Occupational hazard, maybe?

fatoldfool said:
Those folks who chose other occupations usually have not raised the ire of a LOT of the criminal element and usually have not had a number of threats against their life, most of which are hot gas, but you just never know. And you never know how long some evil jerk will hold a grudge.....make more sense to you now?
I understand the ostensible reasoning given by those who favor the law, which is rational. I also understand - well - that many don't like being subject to the same requirements as other <s>subjects
fatoldfool said:
I understand the reasoning given by those who favor the law, and I understand the real reason: they don't like being subject to the same requirements as other American citizens, and want special consideration.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, you sound radical. I doubt anyone could say anything good about law enforcement that you would agree with. Wonder why? But my daddy said if you stir in crap, you gonna get a smell, so I think I will let this subject drop....have a good life.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Let's start with the biggie NFA34, we won't bother to go back to the reconstruction era gun control laws passed by the racist northerners to keep freed slaves from being able to obtain firearms. That is a 75 year history of anti-gun laws. You cannot realistically expect them to all be undone over night. LEOSA 2004 was a small step in the right direction. There have been riders added to other bill this year that would make the "full faith and credit" clause apply to carry permits. Another small step in the right direction if passed. Legal action in the courts including the Supreme Court have been brought and small victories have been won including a SC ruling that the 2nd applies to individuals. A case is in progress in the SC that if ruled in "our" favor will confirm the 2nd does apply to the states not just the federal government. Another step, a bigger one this time but another step on the journey.

To fall into the trap of believing the a victory for one segment of the gun owning public is a dis on the remaining segments thus driving a wedge between the groups is a means to giving the antis a total victory in the long run. Accept them for what they are, steps on the path to victory for all of US. Work to build on those steps and help to insure WE win, not them.

Instead of spewing you hate and discontent, channel that energy towards the one that have passed the laws and keep on them to undo the damage.

·
Banned
260 Posts
jdh said:
...To fall into the trap of believing the a victory for one segment of the gun owning public is a dis on the remaining segments thus driving a wedge between the groups is a means to giving the antis a total victory in the long run. Accept them for what they are, steps on the path to victory for all of US. Work to build on those steps and help to insure WE win, not them. ...
good post

1 - 11 of 11 Posts