Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this up in a trade last week and although I havent shot it yet I find myself in love with it already.Nicknamed it the "Big Nasty".LOL
It is a 2005 model and has had 10 shells through it.I am thinking the ample butt pad will be needed.
It came with the box,soft case,and a box and a half of sheels.Only 250 grain winchester loads but probably a good place to start.

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
Nice looking 92 there. Keep an eye on the mag tube. There's been occurrences of them coming loose in 454 guns.

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
Confused,

Nice gun.

Don't forget if your shoulder starts hurting, you can also shoot .45 LC through it.

John

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just picked up a 210 round lot of various .454 for $179.Hope to shoot it next month.All of my spare time is in watching/playing with my 22 month old son.
All I need is an excuse to pick up another caliber.lol.I have been looking out for a deal on some 45LC as well.
It is awful light compared to my 30-30 so I expect a bruising when I do fire it.Hurt so good!

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
So, did you shoot it yet? Ya need to hang on the forearm pretty tight to keep it from jumping out of your hand. I have both the
Trapper like yours and the 20" blue, the shorty is "lively" for sure. ;) Mini 45-70's with heavier bullets. DP

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I did shoot it and it is a blast!Had some freedom arms ammo that split the case in half leaving part in the chamber when I would eject.I thought something was wrong with the gun but after switching ammo it never happened again.
It kicks ya pretty good but I like it.We also shot a 20" .308 and a .50 Beouwolf that day(among other things) so my shoulder got a workout.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts