Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Ruger LCP 380 with a Veridian laser. Pocket carry in a Veridian holster.
I am looking at the AlienGear holsters for an IWB rig.

·
Registered
712 Posts
How about a S&W 3913/14. Very reliable

·
Premium Member
2,195 Posts
Ruger LCP, Taurus TCP, Colt Mustang. jump right out..

Practically any 1911 can easily be used and or upgraded to very functional AMBI use. Southpaw here, and love my 1911's specifically for how easy they are to manipulate lefty..

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my ballerina molester (balsesteros molinas) is very easy to use left handed, almost the exact duplicate of a 1911, only lacks an ambi safety. I have a cz52 also, but the magazine release is impossible with either hand. just that both of those are pretty large, kinda like my webbley. looking for something smaller, and that might fit my swollen hand. its going to take practice to get good with nearly anything with that darn swelling.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Update got an FḖG .32 acp, small, double action, and thin. Been trying to find a left-handed cc holster, but after shooting a bit, decided to go right-handed. The swelling just messes up my shooting left handed. Looked at a bunch of cc holsters at gun shows, and picked a hide it holster. It is still a shame to not use the crater left over from the mastectomy to help with hiding a holster. It's a good thing I decided long ago to learn to shoot ambidextrously.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Like a PPK, except for the diagonal on the front of the trigger guard. Fits well, my problem now is that my left-hand changes size with how well I drain the lymph with the compression gloves and such. Changes the distance from trigger to thumb web drastically.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I'll second flatsneck's recommendation of a 1911. They're very easy to manipulate left-handed, and there's just no way I could go with a double-action or striker-fired auto after experiencing a good 1911 trigger.

·
Premium Member
16,410 Posts
Like a PPK, except for the diagonal on the front of the trigger guard. Fits well, my problem now is that my left-hand changes size with how well I drain the lymph with the compression gloves and such. Changes the distance from trigger to thumb web drastically.
Hey Cliff,

Will keep you in Prayer. Full Healing.

Later, Mark

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
A 1911 is a bit hard to conceal even for a big guy like me. Have you ever tried the trigger on a Ballesteros Molinas? A 1925 colt made in Argentina. The trigger is pivoted instead of sliding.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
I finally went with a "hide it holster" since it seems that my left hand is going to be swollen for years (or forever). I looked at a lot of cc holsters at the Wanamaker show in Tulsa. Since getting one, I have noticed how many are wearing them locally. It's a good thing I practiced with the wrong hand too.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I just picked up one of the new Ruger American Compacts in 9mm it is a tad heavy, but it works for me. Prior to this, my only handgun was a security six stainless w/4" barrel. The only way to conceal it was to wear a coat over it. I bought an Uncle Mike's holster, but it is far from ideal, and I'll be ordering one of the Alien Gear 3.0 IWB holsters soon after the new year.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
The FEG is pretty light, an aluminum-magnesium frame with a steel slide. Finally got out to test it at my son's farm. At 15 yards, all hits on paper, even the double action first shot. Not a pretty pattern, but if you hold a sheet of typing paper against your chest, and all 25 shots on the paper would have been a hurt for sure. Not that I am going to have to practice with the HIDE IT. I sure wish I had my left hand back for shooting.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread...

Walther PPQM2 and H&K VP9 both work well for lefties since they both have slide releases on both sides. I have one of each. Also, they come with grip kits like the G4 Glocks.

One thing I really like about the H&K is the two knurls at the back end of the slide.

PPQ is really easy to change the mag. release to be under your left thumb. H&K mag release is at the back end of the trigger guard and is on both sides.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sig P250 or P320 have ambi slide release and mag catches are easy to convert. I’m a 250 guy...

I also have a S&W M&P 4.25 that also has ambi slide release and convertible mag catch.

But I primarily carry a Kel-Tec P3AT (.380) in a front pocket with a drop away holster (snags in pocket and stays there when you draw). No slide catch, and I haven’t had any issues with a right handed mag release on it. If not that o carry a Kel-Tec PF9 in a Comp-Tac Minotaur IWB (Ludendorff/leather hybrid). All RH style controls.

Rifles and shotgun I can’t seem to shoot a RH gun as well. But handguns? For some reason I’ve never had any issues manipulating controls on any of them. But def +1 on 1911 styles esp with ambi safeties!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts