Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pray every one gets to watch this remake of the Left Behind movie, starring Nicholas Cage. My wife and I went to town this evening to pickup a few items in case our power goes off. We are expecting some snow tonight and it doesn't take much for us to loose power. We just picked up snack items and I said lets get us a $5.00 movie. We didn't make far when I spotted this movie. I snapped it up and we watched it tonight. Its a good movie but had less scripture in it than I wished it contained. I think it is a great movie for non committed folks to see. It doesn't overwhelm viewer's with the truth's of the Bible but helps plant the seed. I hope he does a sequel. I give it at least a 4.5 star rating according to the Gabby standard's. LOL

·
Registered
660 Posts
I purchased and read the entire left behind series as they were released. the writing was a little on the childish side but still a good read. I donated the entire set of novels to our local library so hopefully they got read a lot.

·
El Kabong
8,333 Posts
It also makes the rapture will happen before the tribulation.

Had me fooled for decades

Have not seen the new one

·
Super Moderator
6,322 Posts
I have the originals on VHS and my step-son (an avid reader) bought each book as they came out. IF nothing else, I saw it as healthy reading material and good stuff to be chewing on.

Jeff

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
I agree on the pre-tribulation rapture. As I read the Bible there is no pre-trib rapture. Jesus doesn't return till the last trump and that is when the ressurecton takes place. But I may be wrong.....
I am 100% percent sure there is no rapture.

·
Registered
660 Posts
The best evidence for no-pre-trib rapture is in revelation. A great multitude appears in Heaven, led out of great tribulation by The Lamb. The great Tribulation does not even begin until the first 3 and a half years of the 7 year tribulation period are past. also the mark of the beast is clearly defined as an unforgiveable sin and we are warned to not accept it under any circumstances. If all Christians are gone when this occurs why warn us? Also the Christians still present are immune to attack from the flying bugs that sting men who are not sealed by the Holy Spirit, and only Christians have this seal. To me if you believe in a pre-trib rapture you have to discard the entire book of Revelations and a goodly bit of the New Testament as well.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have always believed in a pre-tribulation rapture. Here's my belief, rapture occurs, the world's population are trying to figure out what's happened. Some of those left behind are figuring it out. They new the word of God but did not repent and except Jesus as Savior. Tribulation starts. I believe the Antichrist finds a way to deceive many, saying it was not God's work.He explains away the Rapture. 3 and a half years into the tribulation the Antichrist is Assassinated and resurrects his self copying Jesus's Resurrection. Having Magical power's He sets his self up as God in the temple deceiving many. He has started a campaign to search out and destroy any one who will come against him. The Mark of the beast is employed. No one can buy or sell with out his mark. Many will except that mark, men and women alike to provide for their children. Very few people will be forgiven by God, except those that are Beheaded because they would not except the Antichrist (Satin) as being their Messiah. I also believe that Israel will turn back to Jesus as being the Messiah. I believe Israel will do some thing that Offends the world. Maybe they will try to destroy the temple of the Antichrist. The world comes against Israel, the Battle of Armageddon starts. They Holy Spirit says enough is enough and Jesus Christ intervenes returning to the earth to establish his Millennial reign on earth sparing those who were not deceived by Satan. After 1000 years of peace on earth God turns Satan lose to deceive those on earth again. We have to make a decision to except Jesus as our Savior. Those left behind will have to do the same. Those who live in Jesus's Millennial reign and peace on earth will be tempted to follow Satin just like us. They will have to make the same decisions that you and I have to make. Finally the last judgment, the Great White Thrown judgment. This is when God sorts out all who have died through out History except those who have been Martyred for his name sake. I believe these believers will always be in heaven at God's feet. Yes it is true History does repeat itself. Just my 2 cents worth as a believer of Jesus Christ as my redeemer. I also believe in the Holy Trinity. God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Regardless of pre, post or other tribulation/rapture beliefs I think any movie that points to the fact that you need to know the Lord Jesus before you leave this world is a good thing.
The movie was enjoyable, Cage is good and great special effects.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
:hmmmm:

Reactions: Catherine

·
Registered
660 Posts
I have always believed in a pre-tribulation rapture. Here's my belief, rapture occurs, the world's population are trying to figure out what's happened. Some of those left behind are figuring it out. They new the word of God but did not repent and except Jesus as Savior. Tribulation starts. I believe the Antichrist finds a way to deceive many, saying it was not God's work.He explains away the Rapture. 3 and a half years into the tribulation the Antichrist is Assassinated and resurrects his self copying Jesus's Resurrection. Having Magical power's He sets his self up as God in the temple deceiving many. He has started a campaign to search out and destroy any one who will come against him. The Mark of the beast is employed. No one can buy or sell with out his mark. Many will except that mark, men and women alike to provide for their children. Very few people will be forgiven by God, except those that are Beheaded because they would not except the Antichrist (Satin) as being their Messiah. I also believe that Israel will turn back to Jesus as being the Messiah. I believe Israel will do some thing that Offends the world. Maybe they will try to destroy the temple of the Antichrist. The world comes against Israel, the Battle of Armageddon starts. They Holy Spirit says enough is enough and Jesus Christ intervenes returning to the earth to establish his Millennial reign on earth sparing those who were not deceived by Satan. After 1000 years of peace on earth God turns Satan lose to deceive those on earth again. We have to make a decision to except Jesus as our Savior. Those left behind will have to do the same. Those who live in Jesus's Millennial reign and peace on earth will be tempted to follow Satin just like us. They will have to make the same decisions that you and I have to make. Finally the last judgment, the Great White Thrown judgment. This is when God sorts out all who have died through out History except those who have been Martyred for his name sake. I believe these believers will always be in heaven at God's feet. Yes it is true History does repeat itself. Just my 2 cents worth as a believer of Jesus Christ as my redeemer. I also believe in the Holy Trinity. God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.
I agree with pretty much your entire post except the pre-trib rapture part. Personally I don't see it anywhere in scripture but it aint no big thing. If we get raptured before the big show that's fine with me, if we don't, well I know who my Lord is and I know where I'm going to end up, so that aint no big thing either in the larger scheme of things. There are a lot of Bible scholars a whole lot smarter than me who can't agree on this issue, which is why I took the time to study it for myself. But Like I say it really isn't relevant to salvation issues so there isn't any point arguing over it. Pick your side and be happy is all I say. I try to live every day like I'm going to meet the Lord in five minutes. I aint often successful at that but I do try.

·
Banned
8,177 Posts
I downloaded this movie off a torrent site and burned it ,just because Nicolas Cage was in it.My girl and I could not make it past the first 40 min.We watched ID channel instead.Maybe a few hard core Christians may like it.But it is awful.Bad acting,pridictable and very,very boring.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Sealed Servant, you are correct about many bible scholars not having a pinpoint time of the rapture. The Bible clearly states no man will no the time or day except the Holy Spirit of God. I gather my belief from many parts of the Bible, not just Revelations. A lot of my personal belief's about the time of the Rapture come from the book of Daniels. There has got to be a reason for the antichrist to try to explain away why so many people have disappeared in a twinkling of an eye. Daniel has many dreams that are interpreted to him by the Angel Gabriel. There is no clear cut answer as to when the Rapture occurs. I just belief it occurs before the tribulation years begin. God said he would spare his children from the wrath of his self.. The antichrist will rule for seven years and be promoted by the False Prophet as being the Messiah. The Bible clearly states he will be a great Orator and will explain the Rapture away as normal consequences. I have often set and wondered how he would do this. Would it be some type of plaque, Nuclear destruction, maybe the great star that falls from heaven called Wormwood. In my mind there has to be a reason for the antichrist to explain this occurrence. Therefore I believe in pre=tribulation Rapture. It doesn't really matter like you say. We have just got to be prepared one way or another. I personally believe we are at the threshold of the times that Jesus spoke of to his Disciples in the book of Mathew's Chapter 24. I believe the Bible to be a God inspired book written by man to covey his everlasting truth to us human beings. Yes there could be parts or text that has been left out by man that could be beneficial but I think God would not allow anything crucial to be left out that would separate us from him. We have to act on faith and that is what is important. I am nothing more than a backslidden man who has enough knowledge of God's plan for us to know we are in the end times. I hope I wont be left behind.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
I don't believe in a rapture period. It has no scripture reference. When he does return it will have to do with the 7 biblical feasts.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Left behind

Boobarzo, I'm sorry you did not enjoy the movie. As I said there wasn't enough Bible scripture to prove this will happen as shown in the movie. The more I thought about this the more I think I understand the full meaning of this Movie for us all. Most people who are none believer's or have not fully excepted God's purpose for them wont want to have some one try to cram their belief down their throat.So I believe this movie was purposely planned to plant a seed. Instead this movie gradually expose's us too what would we do or think if this occurred in our life time. I ask a simple question for every one reading this, and it is not directed to you my friend. What if we where holding our child standing next to our spouse and in the twinkling of an eye they were gone. Would we not be upturned and how long would it take for us to realize we where LEFT BEHIND.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts