• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was preparing to call Lee and send them a 308 and 338 case to see if they would make a case length trimmer for those cases. I like the drill process for trimming over the RCBS trimmer I have used for many years. I'll wait to see if you start producing them.

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
Yup! DP

·
Registered
662 Posts
I wish you'd have already had one!
I'd have ordered it with the moulds and crimp die last week....
Also would like a set of Lee Dies. Not real crazy about the Hornady dies. Only set of Hornady dies I've got/owned. Will be last, also......

I used a Lee trimmer for the .338Federal and cut it down to index off the inside of the .338ME case. (no pin) Not perfect, but it works.

Got the mould and die. shipping was quicker than from MidwayUSA same day order! Good service...!

Lee Crimp Die is typical, works... just like it's supposed to.

Mould casts to spec's !! Weight with W/W "sweetened" with 95/5% Tin/Antimony "Lead free" solder casts to 199.5gr. Bullets lubed and gas-checked run 203gr. (perfect...).

Got to shoot some yesterday. I'd lubed/sized some through my Lyman #450 and lubed with SPG. Evidently not enough lube for more than 1900fps. 24.0gr of #2400 at 1,850 shot decent but 7" low (as I'd anticipated). 40.0gr of RL15 at 2,000 were "wild".
I did have two loaded at 43.0gr of #2520 that were lubed with Lee Liquid Alox and sized/gas-checked. They seemed to shoot to POI/P0A for 200gr FTX w/LVR and both were within 3" of each other(3" high at 100yds).
I'll have to investigate that load more.... Have previously only used extruded propellants with cast bullets.

Thanks for your excellent service and excellent moulds......

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will do something about the case length gages this week and will report back on the expected delivery date. I would like to offer the dies but would need to buy them 100 at a time, that is a lot of money tied up. Let's see what happens to Marlin and the 308/308ME.

Thanks for the report GooseGestapo, keep me posted!

Thank all of you for your support!

·
Premium Member
12,567 Posts
I'm interested as well.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Ordered mine for the .338ex and the factory crimp die last week. they were in the mailbox in 3 days. ;D.Great Service. Thanks RD.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have mine for the 338, and it works GREat. Perfect for a relatively small volume shoot. I am Reeally looking forward to mine in 308!

·
Premium Member
5,222 Posts
You know Michael, I'm surpised that Lee has still not started making some of the stuff you have custom made. Are these that low a selling item? They seem not to recognize too much in the "suggestions for new dies" dept.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts