Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys try this bullet in a marlin 32-20? I want a bullet with a gas check for a little more snap. My concern is that it may not cast large enough. My Marlin runs .311". Thanks, piguy. ???

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I have the mold and a couple of 32-20 Marlins but have yet to try it. Works real well in my 30-30, 308 and 30-06. Can't remember what it drops from the mold. I run it through the .311" sizer when I seat the Gas Check so I'll have to see if I have any as-cast to run though my .313"

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not certain, think it refers to the shape. It sorta looks like a can.

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
Yea, pretty much flat on both ends and very little contour to it. You'll also hear stuff like flying ash tray, flying ash can etc. They are the same
shape and hit like the hammer of Thor!
358 Win

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
That is a good looking bullet Ranch Dog.

I measured some of my Lee Soup Can bullets that were unsized. It looks like they drop from my mold .312" ish with a 20/1 alloy. That would lower my expectation of what they would do out of my 32-20's where .313" or bigger has shot the best in the other bullets I have tried.

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ranch Dog, that looks like what I need. If you will pm me the purchase details, I will get one. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts