Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,590 Posts
The Lee Classic Cast and Lee Classic Turret are as strong as any comparable press out there.......so these can be called "overbuilt" as well, and run considerably cheaper than the competition.

A win - win situation.

·
Super Moderator
5,590 Posts
PJ, maybe they listened.

Would you believe I have the first one I got?

My Auto Prime takes a full push of the lever to seat the primer plus a bit extra, and that might explain why I haven't broken it.

My friend Dave has one that stops short of the full stroke like many do, and he's got maybe 10,000 primings on it, I'd guess. The reason the count isn't higher is that he eventually went to on press priming for the most part and only a few cartridges use it now. So far, so good, but I can't say how much life it has left in it.

We'll see.

The rifle cartridges see the use from mine. I've gone to on press priming for all the pistol cartridges and the high volume rifle ones. So I don't think the number of rounds primed with my AP are as many as some have on theirs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.