Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a old Lee loader for the t4 , never used one before but once I got a system going it’s fun to do. Didn’t have to experiment because I used the same load we worked up on my buddy’s press but now on snowy day I can whip them up in my basement.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Excellent. I love the Lee Loaders and own several. They are easy to use and once you get the hang of them, quick enough for small quantities. Given you have the supplies, primers etc you can reload anywhere anytime.

·
Registered
15,613 Posts
I wore out an RCBS Partner press after 3+ decades and a few hundred thousand rounds. Sent the Partner in for warranty, broke out my 47 year old .44 Magnum Lee Loader for a couple weeks and kept on shooting. I still have the same plastic faced mallet from 1973. Brought back memories. The first time you pop a live primer is a real surprise.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
I should add, I often dip into the Lee Loaders to use parts even when using the turret press. Examples include the .357 case neck spreading die, which I find quick, easy and about right.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
I started with a Lee Loader and quickly went to a Lee hand press then a turret press. The hand press still is used the most for working up loads. Reloading can become habit forming.

·
Registered
8,688 Posts
i started loading on one of those old lees in 1967. then advanced to a press and never looked back,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
6 Posts
I use the Lee Loader for 375 Win. Folks chuckle at me, but for low volume loading the Lee Classic Loader is simple and works fine. I use the yellow powder dippers. A power dipper measures by volume just like a bench powder measurer. Neck sizing works fine in my Win 94 375 lever gun. Happy days.
IMG_20210222_0832424.jpg

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Started loading with a 30-30 Whack a loader. If your consistent they make darn good ammo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts