Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am looking for a few answers. The problem is sometimes on pulling the trigger of my no.5 Enfield(jungle carbine) I get a half cock
from the cock postion. It's like there isn't a follow through and of couse the firing pin never makes it to the primer. What might be causing this?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
13,778 Posts
The striker knobs on lee enfields have a halfcock position, but I do not know why, and I do not know what causes this. This belongs in the milsurp rifle section as well, I mod it, but since I'm not a forum mod I can't move this.

·
Premium Member
10,693 Posts
On it, Travis.

Hmm, I used to have a nice Lee-Enfield, sold it to a fellow MO member. Never had any issues like that with it, can't say I have any clue. I can't remember what the sear looks like, if I still had one I could look at I might be able to suggest something. If it were a 1911 I might suspect insufficient trigger overtravel from a backed out trigger adjustment screw, but really have no idea here.

You might try here:

http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/

Lots of Lee-Enfield experts there. They helped me diagnose a last round feeding issue due to a deformed magazine, once. Apparently the commonwealth militaries that used these rifles taught their soldiers to slap the magazine into place pretty hard as a part of reassembly after field stripping, and this slapping would tend to deform the magazines a little over time. Otherwise my impression has always been that the Lee-Enfield is the AK-47 of bolt action rifles ;D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, thanks for the replies. I'm looking at the cocking piece. I found a burr that looks like it might have been dragging the bolt to half cock. I smoothed it out and will see what happens. It was surplusforum that suggested the cocking piece. Thanks though.
Stanley

1 - 4 of 4 Posts