Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe lee used to make a classic loader "whack a mole" style loader. I have been trying to find a used one but without success.

If anyone comes across one could they drop me a PM please?

·
Super Moderator
7,969 Posts
Check flee bay.

·
Premium Member
4,921 Posts
If you don't mind paying some shipping there's usually one or two to be found on armslist...........I'd love to stumble across one of them for $5!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been watching these on ebay and lately they have been bringing over $70 and sometimes over $100.
Correct. For that price I can buy an inexpensive press and used dies.

If factory ammo shoots well and I can stand the recoil I won't be loading. As the gun has not arrived yet it is not an issue yet.

·
Administrator
23,826 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
If you don't mind paying some shipping there's usually one or two to be found on armslist...........I'd love to stumble across one of them for $5!
"Stumble" is the right word. I wasn't looking for one, but I did a "444 Marlin" search on the site and it popped up. It turned out the owner was cleaning out old stuff he wasn't using anymore. He said he'd already sold all the others he had in different calibers for $5 each.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Try a wanted in our trading post, you never know what may turn up.
Many times this has worked for me. And always cheaper. You would be surprised what the membership has to offer on these sites. I ALWAYS put up a WTB ad before shopping.

Examples: I just got a Chrony for 80 dollars from a guy on saubier with an extra Shield, Battery, and shipped. I got a RCBS 10-10 Powder scale for 110 dollars shipped, I got a Fosters Original Case Trimmer with every Pilot you can get for it and the .17cal insert for 50 dollars shipped. LOL WTB is your friend.

·
Banned
327 Posts
I have one of the Lee loaders and think it's small size/portability along with the fact it provides a complete deprime>crimp solution makes it worth every penny of $50 -75.
It's also an easy solution to load even the short 444 brass. I've found that it's every bit as accurate as dies/press etc.

Sure get it for as cheap as you can now doubt, but don't miss out on something that lets you reload without a whole room full of equipment. I've loaded lots of 444 with mine and I have them for every caliber I own(in addition to press/dies etc). I can load one round at a time with precision while watching tv..or at the range..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.