Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there are two different length brass on the market for the 38-55 I was wondering if the Lee hand case trimmer was for the long or short brass? Does anyone know? I am using Starlines long brass!

·
Administrator
23,800 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
Lever --- Buy a lee trimmer for a 350 Rem Mag, they are just over 2.125 in length. (Starline "long" brass length). Turn it into the handle and then you can shorten it to what ever length you want. I use a belt sander. Use a LIGHT touch and MEASURE with a calipers OFTEN. Operative words are:"light", "measure" and "often". (Don't ask me how I know). Once to length you can round the tip with a smooth file. Just break any corners on the tip, don't take any more length off. Shenandoah

·
Registered
8,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shenandoah said:
Lever --- Buy a lee trimmer for a 350 Rem Mag, they are just over 2.125 in length. (Starline "long" brass length). Turn it into the handle and then you can shorten it to what ever length you want. I use a belt sander. Use a LIGHT touch and MEASURE with a calipers OFTEN. Operative words are:"light", "measure" and "often". (Don't ask me how I know). Once to length you can round the tip with a smooth file. Just break any corners on the tip, don't take any more length off. Shenandoah
Thanks! I was thinking of getting the 38-55 and adding a washer before screwing it together, but your idea may be the better way to go!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts