Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's worn out and won't push the primers all the way in. It's 3 years old. Should I just chuck it and get another one, get a better version, try another brand or call Lee for the part?

·
Registered
957 Posts
Bear, I am partial to the Lee AutoPrime II. That's the version that goes in the press like a die. It's made of steel, takes the regular shellholders and it gets those dangerous primers away from my precious lap. You might try it on to get the replacement parts from Lee, but chances are that they wore out because you forgot to lube them. (That ain't a criticism. I've done it, too.) One of these days, the regular AutoPrime will die on you. The zinc gets brittle and the top rim breaks.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, this is the second break I've had on the Lee Auto Prime. The first was the handle. I like it alot, but don't like that it wears out easily. It's mainly about "trouble", having to stop and get things right. I want no muss, no fuss when I'm reloading. I do priming standing up so there is no danger to the groin area. :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts