Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The LEE Anniversary kit is a good intro kit. Most Lee products are usually rated either "Incredible value for the $$ and worth it" or "Don't waste your money and go straight to RCBS" with very little in between. Completely depends on who is rating it. With the exception of the Lee Factory Crimp dies which I've only seen glowing reports on.

The Lee hand primer is generally considered good. I have two, one for small primers and one for large. Haven't had a problem with either. Use them at the couch all the time.

The Anniversary kit is generally worth it. It's failings are the Perfect Powder Measure, which ain't. It's good and servicable, especially for most rifle powders and many pistol varieties, but I had leaking problems with fine grained ball like H-110. It was mostly retired after a year of service for a RCBS unit (which cost nearly as much as the entire Lee kit). The scale also works, but can be bumped out of balance fairly easily. Check zero every before every session or two and you're good to go. Some have complained of accuracy issues but I've never experienced this problem when properly zeroed. Mine has served me for two years and was finally replaced this year with a RCBS electronic (which costs 20% more than the entire kit). I'd still be making do with the Lee, but needed to start weight bullets. The Lee balance scale is limited to 109grns of weight.

Personally, I rate Lee products from 'serviceable with tweaking' (LoadMaster) to 'why bother with anything else' (die sets). My single stage will be replaced with a Classic Cast in the next year or two. Mostly for the primer drop tube which is brilliance in itself.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.