Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to bass pro today and they had some Winchester lead free .22 lr. Anybody try them yet ?
At $10.25 for 50 rounds I had to pass on them but was curious how well they perform. Are they safe for the bore ?
Kinda skeered to see what will happen to center fire ammo if they have to manufacture lead free bullets for them too.
I'm afraid "they" might've figured out a way to out price most from the shooting sport if this is a sign of things to come.

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
The tree huggers are afraid shooters are putting to much Lead into the ground. Do you think they know we dug it up from there to begin with:questionmark::shot:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Apparently they are some type of tin alloy mix. Winchester is claiming high accuracy along with stating they are good for varmint, small game, target and plinking use.

SUPER-X .22 Win. Mag features:
Muzzle velocity of 2,200 feet per second
Bullet weight: 28 grain JHP
rounds per box: 50 rd. plastic pack
Symbol: X22MHLF

Cartridge: 22LR
Bullet Weight: 26
Muzzle Velocity: 1650
Rounds Per Case: 50
X22LRHLF

·
Registered
484 Posts
I've seen the CCI "green rounds". 21 grains and they wanted 7.99 for a box of 50. When I looked at them and saw they weren't Stingers I handed them back to the counter guy.

Reactions: srv1

·
Banned
1,175 Posts
I have no problem with green ammunition as long as it is cheaper and it does not wear out my barrel. But since it is more expensive, I will pass.

James

·
Registered
211 Posts
Got a box of them going to the range with me right now. I paid $8.00 for them. Let you know when I pop them off

went to the range with the this and that accumulation of a month.
1. winchester 29 gr Tin caused my first ever fte's (3),
2. a remington golden case split and gave me a couple of fte
3. ae suppressors were fine excerpt ftf x 3
4. blazers were fine

Reactions: Catherine

·
Registered
63 Posts
I tried some 'green' lead free .22LR while I lived in CA. Results were very disappointing to say the least. Box stated short range, as in 25yds max. Accuracy was bad enough at that range. Longer and it got progressively crappier.

I don't recommend them. At all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.