Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been nearly 40 years since I have kept or had to take care of livestock of any sort with the exception of my honey bee's. My wife has been on me for months now since we sold our house in town and moved to paradise to get her some chickens.

Well here they are along with the Mother Hen, would you believe that she has given them all names! 20200612_195145.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,346 Posts
I like it. As soon as my wife and I take a proper length vacation, at my place on Lake Russell, we should meet up somewhere.
My wife is looking forward to having chickens and goats.
Andrew

·
Registered
741 Posts
Nice Project! Had tons of chickens on the farm growing up. I remember well the time my crazy cousin from Michigan convinced me to have an egg throwing contest against the chicken barn after a rooster gave him a chase - then he turned it all on me - lousy liar! I actually was able to walk again - in about 48 hours. . . .

Would love to have some chickens in the yard but alas - neighbors have to agree!!!! Ridiculous.

Reactions: Pig Ninja

·
Registered
29,534 Posts
NAMES!

Your not going to eat a single chicken!

ca'jun56

Reactions: Pig Ninja

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well at least three have been named fried,dumpling and perlo.

·
Super Moderator
11,773 Posts
Looks good! One of the ladies that works for me has a small farm with chickens. She's always bringing in fresh eggs for everyone in the office.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Enjoy! Fresh eggs taste wonderful. Much better then store bought. I never realized there was a difference till I visited a friend with chickens about 15 years ago.

Padraig

1 - 8 of 8 Posts