Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hunting with a young man that went to school with my son, he has become quite the deer hunter over the years. He had invited me to hunt his lease earlier this month but life got in the way. Well this afternoon we were both able to get together, not knowing what to expect as far as shot distance I brought my M700 in 280 Rem. Shots are 60-260 yds. It is drizzling as I am sitting on the edge of a cut bean field that has cover planted and up about 4 inches. Hope to see something for the freezer.

If all works out I might get an invite to join his lease next year, anyway need to get back to business. 15776566520128162356345084291219.jpg

·
Registered
291 Posts
Nice way to spend the afternoon, drizzling is just perfect. I'm cleaning up the ammo closet when I should be on the stand myself.

Good luck with the hunt, post 'em if you get him.

·
Registered
243 Posts
That's perfect weather to tag a deer!
Usually, I've had good success in bad weather. And there are few and far between fellow hunters out at the same time.
Wow! You're using a classic cartridge too!
I love the .280 Remington! Plenty flat shooting, and hard hitting, and easy on the shoulder. The distances you mentioned are well within the range of the good ol' .280!
I hope you get your deer!

Sent from my motorola one using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29,566 Posts
The back forty looks like the bean field, just no deer to run across it!

Good luck with your hunt!

ca'jun56

Reactions: Pig Ninja

·
Registered
708 Posts
GREAT way to spend an afternoon!
Classic cartridge as well!
Good Luck - and, oh - check back with the good news when it gets too dark to shoot! LOL!

WYT-P
Skyhunter

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Hope you reach out and touch something! Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I saw 8 this evening in the rain. Nothing I wanted to shoot. I'll hunt till sundown on the first. Season out then and its over..........BUT never fear. My skeet range and pistol range will tide me over till turkey season.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts