Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a M1895 Guide gun and want to get a larger lever loop. The WW loop is just a little too big for my liking.
What other options are out there? The Mule loops are on hold for the time being and I am thinking that DRC is no more.
My rifle is blued with a straight pistol grip.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

JD338

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Make your own!!! ;D

I made mine at my buddies shop!!!
It wasn't very difficult, finishing it took quite a bit of time, but it was worth it to me!!!

·
Registered
994 Posts
I ordered my DRC a few months ago for my gs and would recommend to anyone.I also bought a factory big lever for my 30as and like it to.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dave,

I am glad to hear DRC is still around. I thought I read somewhere that they are gone. I really like the size and shape of their lever.
Do you have any problems with your hand getting smacked during recoil?

JD338

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
DRC is the best shape / hand fit IMO!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
six_gunz said:
DRC is the best shape / hand fit IMO!
six-gunz

Thanks for your comments. How is the fit with a large hand and gloves?
Do you have a picture you can post?

Thank you for the help!

JD338

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
For me it's a perfect fit and I have large hands. Here's my 1895GS with the DRC large loop...

·
Registered
994 Posts
JD 338 I have no problems with my hands getting hit during recoil,I have largish hands but only shoot hornady le's so recoil not an issue. Dave

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dave4570,

Thanks man, that is good to know.
I am going to check with my ffl buddy Monday to see if he can do a better price. If not, I will just order the lever from DRC.

maincat,

You did a great job on your lever! Sorry I forgot to mention that earlier.

JD338

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Jim, I ended up ordering the WWG large lever loop for my rifle. I saw a DRC loop, and while they are nice, they still didn't gain me enough room for my paws. It might not be as pretty, but it will be functional for me while hunting with gloves and I know the loop won't smash my knuckles anymore. Scotty

·
Registered
8,702 Posts
Well...some do, I had to take a file to a few high spots on the lever. Nothing on the outside that could be seen. It was very little material that I removed then hit it with 600 paper and polished it with one of those Birchwood Casey polishing cloths for the heck of it and thats that.

Was he still offering the stainless follower at a discount if you bought the lever?

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
4719dave said:
Hey not to steal this ,i just ordered one dose this just drop in ?
Pretty much, but not always. Mine dropped right in, but you may need to do some final fit up like lever addict did with his.

Reactions: pre6422hornet

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Here are a couple pictures of mine Jim. I know they aren't the best, but you get the idea. Mine measures 2.138" W and 3.062" L.

Mine also dropped right in. It is a little stiff right now, but everytime I get it out of the safe I crank it about 20 times or so. I have it lubed up pretty decent right now, so I am thinking it will break in nicely soon enough. Scotty

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi friends,
I am looking for bigger lever loop to JM 45-70 Marlin 1895 GS and my wife's 1985 Goverment. It seems to be hard to find any companys to sell those to Finland. Are there any changes to get those loop from USA to Finland?

Regards, Bullseyes

·
Registered
113 Posts
Huomenta,

Marlinin omaa kahvaa hankala saada, kun ei tällä hetkellä ole tuotantoa. Brownellsin kautta saa WWG valmistamaa, mutta hinta onkin sitten suolanen. Sama muutos ajoittain poltellut itseänikin, mutta vielä jäänyt tekemättä.

WWG:een ja Ranger Point Precisionin sivuilla maininnat ulkomaan ostoista, mutta hoitavat ne yhteistyökumppanien kautta. Yhteystiedot löytyvät heidän sivuilta.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts