Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody in Texas ever heard of this place or hunted there. It seems alot cheaper than many other places to go hog hunting. And since I cant drive because of my blackouts I will have to have my wife take me and they seem to beable to accommodate for family.

Langley Ranch THE BEST WILD HOG HUNTING IN TEXAS wwwTexasWildHogHunting.com Texas Wild Hog Hunting East Texas Wild Boar Hunting. Houston Hog Hunting Dallas Hog Hunting, Centerville Texas, Hog Hunting At Its Best, Wild Hog Hunts, Cheap Hog Hunts, Trop

Reactions: salty and duxnbucks

·
Premium Member
6,861 Posts
About 7 or 8 years ago, I took my stepson to Langley's for his first experience with large game. The Langleys are very nice people. As I recall, both husband and wife are school teachers. When I was there, the hogs were not free range. The Langleys would buy pigs trapped by others, castrate them and then release them on the property. You will certainly have shots at pigs over bait. At the time I was there, they also field dressed your hogs. It was fun and gave the kid a great first experience killing something bigger than a squirrel. Now he lives to hunt (and date co-eds at Texas Tech :)).

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
We have been considering Langley's for a trip maybe early spring, but we've never hunted Texas hogs yet. We don't want trophy hogs--just tender vittles for the freezer.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
I have not hunted there, but the program sounds good. Trapping feral hogs is big in Texas. Castrate and release gives you two advantages. You still get the wary game and the males are fit to eat a few weeks after the knife.

I grew up on a farm where hogs were grown for breeding stock and commercial markets. When a boar,s blood line was no longer needed, dad would castrate him and after a few weeks make him into whole hog sausage. even the big ones weighing upwards of 500 pounds were good eating. Personally, i have no desire to eat boar pork. Your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I have a friend who hunted there and said there is great hog hunting there. If you go I do hope you will post some pictures.

Enjoy the Journey
444GS2

Reactions: mjadams61

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well thanks for the response and it is just one place I am thinking of going. I am just limited on where I can go since I cant drive and happen to depend on wife to get me places. The only person I really went hunting with died a few years ago and I been hunting by myself since. But like I mention before that aint now ether.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts