Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey to all you L.E.O.'s

If your an active duty L.E.O. (or Retired) let us know where your at (were) and how long ya been doing (did) the job !

Devil_Dog - Active Duty Deputy Sheriff/ Sgt. - Brevard County, FL. - 14yrs.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Retired in 1997 after 20 years and 3 days with the Dept of Justice, Bureau of Prisons. So now you know why I have such contempt for government intervention in health care and business.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just retired in Feb, 09 after 30 years with the Polk County Sheriff's Office in Florida. 35 years total LEO.
Also during that time, 20 years volunteer firefighter, and 15 years EMT.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Four years with AZ Dept. of Corrections, medium and maximum security units.

Finally decided I would rather teach personal protection to citizens.

Jon

Reactions: gunscrewguy

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
ramblinwreck said:
Georgia Department of Corrections, Probation Division 4.5 years
2 years for me ;D

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
ramblinwreck said:
buffgun said:
ramblinwreck said:
Georgia Department of Corrections, Probation Division 4.5 years
2 years for me ;D
Heck yea! Glad to see I've got some company.
just not probation just a c.o. !

·
Registered
19 Posts
Retired from the State Ports here in VA, total of 37 years every thing from County/Corrections/Local to State.
got bored and went back to work as a Dispatcher now on 2 years

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am a Crime Scene Investigator with the Blount County Sheriff's Office, TN. I have worked in law enforcement for 15 yrs as a reserve, corrections, public safety officer, deputy sheriff and CSI. Ive been working CSI for the past 7 yrs now. It seems like only yesterday.

Shudy

·
Registered
266 Posts
Retired Deputy Sheriff (disabled) 20 yrs retired in 2005, prior to this USMC 20 years, retired in 1985.
Yes, I'm a double dipper and proud of it! ;D
(Even more with SS & the VA!) ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just retired from San Diego PD, after 29+ years. City forced over 150 officers to retire in the months of May and June 2009.

I worked patrol for 19 years and investigations for 10 years. I had assignments in an undercover street racing unit, crimes against persons, and auto theft. Had a lot of fun and a lot of disappointments, but it was a great ride.

Max

·
Registered
59 Posts
USBP, 16 years, 10 in San Diego, the last 6 up here in Gods Country, born and raised in Montana.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just retired This year in may with 30 years on the job. Lieutenant rangemaster Collier County Sheriff's Office, SouthWest Florida. Great ride, SWAT, Road Patrol, Range Master.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Reserve with Harker Heights Tx. PD 4/83 to 9/86
Borger Tx. PD 9/86 to 4/90
FCI Bastrop Tx. 4/90 4/2010 (retirment papers are at the personel center, 140 days to go)

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I'm another retiree from the Georgia Department of Corrections, Probation Division. I retired on disability 09/30/09 after 23 + years. Before that I was a police officer in Hahira, Ga. , Tifton, Ga. Pearson. Ga., Alma, Ga. and finally in Glynn Co. (Brunswick) Ga. Glad to know I've got some fellow officers in this forum.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I live in Dunlap,TN. I been in LEO for 7 yrs. I have done 3.5 yrs as a reserve officer at another dept. before I went full time. I have worked for Seq. Co. Sheriff Dept. for the last 3.5 yrs. as patrolman.

1 - 20 of 215 Posts