Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a thread up a while ago complaining about some Winchester 44 mag brass I had bought a year or two ago, and just got around to working up. To summarize, there were 10 full pieces that wouldn't fit in my multiple shell holders to prime, and an additional 25-30 that required extreme effort to get in and remove from the holder. I sent them back to Winchester to be inspected, and true to their word, they sent me 2 full bags of brand new brass in exchange for the 100 pieces of brass from that bag. I haven't had time to work them up yet as I just got them today but, I give them credit for making good on a faulty product and honoring their commitment to their customers. So, while the thread wasn't an intentional bash, it wasn't a great light for them either. I just wanted to update everyone that had similar experiences with Winchester that they might have had a issue here or there but, they are determined to do the right thing. What's important is they made it right. That's all we can ask for as we all make mistakes.:congrats:

FWIW, I just acquired a Winchester model 70 270 that I bought some bags of Winchester component brass for. Unlike my previous experiences with Winchester brass, this stuff was as good as I have ever seen and worked up easily for it's first loading. No terribly crushed or cracked necks, so it went quick through the sizing die and all of it fit the shell holders perfect for trimming and priming. So, I will be buying more in the future. God BLess

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
:congrats::congrats:

·
Registered
21,218 Posts
Glad to hear it worked out for y'a!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.