Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On last week's cruise to Alaska I was able to get back to the store in Juneau. It's a small store but they always have something that I want. This time one of my brothers and a BIL went into the store with me. We all left with something we "needed". This time I picked up another double knife set. These are wonderful tools for the hunter and I like how they are sheathed.

http://s1102.photobucket.com/user/1895gunner/media/Knives/3_zps96b77bc3.jpg.html

Coupled with my purchase from two years ago:

I would recommend to anyone. Are there better knives made - absolutely but these are in my price range and they stay sharp for a long time if not abused.

1895gunner

·
Super Moderator
5,162 Posts
Very nice Scott,I would love to have those.

Reactions: 1895Gunner

·
Super Moderator
6,563 Posts
That set has been on my list for awhile! Nice acquisition!

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Very, very nice and a great way to remember the trip.

·
Premium Member
15,448 Posts
very nice

·
Super Moderator
6,563 Posts
Let me ask you, which sheath configuration you like better?

Reactions: Tomray

·
Premium Member
13,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Let me ask you, which sheath configuration you like better?
I think I like the stacked better than the side by side but too soon to tell. I'll be using the stacked this hunting season and I'll know more after that. The side by side seemed a bit wide on the belt but wasn't too bad - was fairly flexible.

1895gunner

·
Registered
176 Posts
Really nice knives. I have a couple combos myself. Pricey, but not that bad for the quality that you get. They will last you a lifetime…with proper care…
Congrats… G Mac

·
Registered
210 Posts
Handle material is a fairly hard rubber. It has a good grip when you have blood on your hands, isn't terribly cold in freezing weather, either.

Most if not all of their knives are also available in stag handles, and some with the standard handles in an orange rubber.

·
Premium Member
11,160 Posts
I think I like the stacked better than the side by side but too soon to tell. I'll be using the stacked this hunting season and I'll know more after that. The side by side seemed a bit wide on the belt but wasn't too bad - was fairly flexible.

1895gunner
Scott,

I noticed those knives when they were introduced some years back, but never acquired a set........I have too many knives, now! ..................I think.......:hmmmm:

They look to be well made, and ready to go to work.

I'll be intereseted to say if you really like the stacked sheath better.............

Years ago, I had a Western knife set in a stacked sheath, and I kept bumping into things, as they (stacked) stand off your belt a bit more............I'd opt for the side/side sheath, now.

Knives are like 22's................they say you can never have too many, huh?

Great way to remember a trip!........I used to buy Randalls in the Orange Grove, every time I went to Fla to visit my Dad............

Tom

·
Premium Member
13,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tom I'm thinking I like the double stack but have not been in the field with it yet. You make a good point that it will protrude further than the side by side. Knives are a fun thing to pick up when you can. Almost gets me in as much trouble as Marlins and other firearms.

1895gunner

·
Premium Member
17,013 Posts
Hey Scott,

Great looking "foursome"!

Hope you get to try them out on some "piggies"!

Later, Mark

·
Premium Member
13,380 Posts
Now I have one more reason to go to Alaska! :flute:

Thanks for the photos, Scott

1 - 19 of 19 Posts