Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like it says..........I am ready to purchase a GOOD set of kitchen knives for general use (chopping, cutting, filleting etc.) Tired of fighting with the el'cheapo's that we've had for quite a while. Prefer recommendations from personal experience with a certain product. I already know many of the the "name" brands and can read information in regard to their products. I want real life testimonials from people who have or who have had the product. thanks (and my wife will thank you as well!) JOHN

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have been using henkels for about 8 years now. I finally just bought my second set after I beat my original set into the ground.

They make a quality product and I could probably be using the origianl set still except the steak knives ended up like butter knives after so many years with never being sharpened.

I prefer the straight edge versions since serrated kitchen knives should only be for the bread knife in my opinion. 8)

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
I have a few wusthof knives that I use. After I bought my first one, I decided they were the brand for me.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Warther is a very, very good handcrafted in Ohio kitchen knife. You won't find them in stores.....check the web site.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
I have henkel.. good knives..

·
Registered
118 Posts
I second the Wusthof knives. My wife bought me a boning knife for Christmas a couple of years ago and I liked it so well I got a Wusthof Chef's knife also. Like Vegasguy I will be getting more of them.

·
Registered
135 Posts
CUTCO. Made in USA. Excellent craftsmanship. Guaranteed for ever and never needs sharpening. However, if you want them to re-sharpened, they'll do it for free. My sister-in -law has had one for 40 years. Still works great, but she's gonna have them freshen it up.
Robie.

·
Registered
135 Posts
BTW, CUTCO knives aren't sold in stores. Go to their website to find a dealer near you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts