Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.warthers.com/catalog/

Used to have a whole set and "someone" ran off with all but one. It's always silly to say something is the best in the world, but I'm going to get a couple more to go with the one I have left. They are on par with any of the best knives I've ever seen or used. Handmade in the USA and not that expensive.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
I love high carbon steel. Finally someone makes kitchen knives I understand (I still use Old Hickory butcher knives over any other knife in the kitchen, because I can sharpen those suckers!)

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
That woodcarving museum is definitely worth a visit...that old man could do wonderous things with a whittling knife..

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Engine turned blades like that are not often seen. Interesting knives!

My wife has a 35 year old "Swing Line" slicing knife with a blade about 8 1/2" It's some kind of quality stainless that is easy to put an edge on, and it don't seem to wear down much. She gives it a few flicks with a kitchen steel, and she's good to go. I've caught the kids using it to open carnation milk cans, and have stopped them, although such abuse don't seem to harm it none. That knife see's duty on everything from fish to moose, and God knows what else in between.

I agree on the Old Hickory knives. I've seen them sharpened away pretty thin in the hands of commercial fishermen up North. They give a razor edge with little work, and can be dangerous in the hands of a half-awake klutz such as myself! Just don't ask how I know :wink: I usually buy these when I can find 'em in thrift shops....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

1 - 5 of 5 Posts