Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working on some loads for the .25-20. The 60 gr Hornady FP did a good number on the chronograph. I knew better, I thought your too low, nah! Bullet held together better than expected at close range leaving the barrel at around 1900.
Sky Plant Natural landscape Vegetation Land lot
Combat vehicle Motor vehicle Self-propelled artillery Plant Vehicle

On another note the most accurate load so far has been with a stout load of AA 1680 with a Lyman 257420 cast 20:1 w/gas check running around 2100 fps. 1 MOSH at 100 yards. Minute of Squirrel Head. The 60 grain Hornady FP shot around 1" at 50 yards, while the 75 grain Speer Hot-Cor was around 2" for any load. Factory loads of Remington 86 gr. group about an inch+ at 50. Can't complain. Have some more work to do, just need another chronograph now. 馃榿

Premium Member
I didnt think chrony season opened for another few weeks??... your definitely dialed in..lol.

Super Moderator
I killed a Chrony last year while working with a Charter Arms Bulldog. Shot one of the front screen wires off and it in turn having been seated in the same plastic housing that the electronics were seated in. the dirty deed was complete. Had to buy a new one :rolleyes:

jd

Registered
Just proves what I have always said.
The 25-20 is a real killer.
If you had been shooting a 22 rimfire, that Chrony would have probably escaped altogether.

Super Moderator
I wanted to replace mine with the same thing, then found out that Shooting Chrony was no longer around. Had to settle for something that was in about the same price range, but much lower quality construction (all plastic). It's hell having to be "frugal".

jd

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I wanted to replace mine with the same thing, then found out that Shooting Chrony was no longer around. Had to settle for something that was in about the same price range, but much lower quality construction (all plastic). It's hell having to be "frugal".

jd
That's what I have found out. Don't know which why to go.

Super Moderator
I bought a ProChronoLTD model .... it doesn't have the wired controller box/display you can put beside you on the bench, but it does have a lot of extra calculation features built in. And some low powered optics you can still see the display of the velocities. It has a "string" feature whereby it stores all the calculated data for each shot. I haven't used this one even a half dozen times, so still haven't programmed my mind to it.

jd

1 - 20 of 39 Posts