Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was set up at he gun show today and a guy comes by with a Weaver box under his arm so I ask him if he wants to sell his weaver scope and he replies "I have had this scope on the shelf for 20 years and have never opened the box. The box has a picture of a Elk standing in a meadow on it and was sealed in a plastic wrap, you could easily tell it had never been opened. I ask what he wanted for it and he replied 50 dollars so I jumped on it. I left it unopened for a while but got to thinking I needed t look at it since it may be rusted so I opened the plastic and the box and lo and behold there lay the prettiest 4x Weaver I have seen in a while. The box says it is a K4W Steel Lite 2 wide angle duplex with micro trac. It is clear as a bell when you look thru it. I didn't make much money at the show but I feel lucky getting the scope. I probably should not have opened the box but I just could not stand not knowing what it looked like.Ha

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Well, opening it solved the mystery, and was a good find. These days, only Luepold seems to still be making gloss scopes to match bright blued guns. More and more of my rigs are wearing vintage gloss blue scopes simply because good vintage glass is less expensive.

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
A scope in a box on a shelf isn't worth much, but mounted on a rifle that's a different story. Use it.

Reactions: RamCharger

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
N.O.S. K-3 or 2.5 from back in the day,,, Old mount and Weaver ring's,,,My 35 Rem and I are in prayer! Serial # Y. V-3 makes sense but will look out of place. Your lucky, Mount that bad boy on a period correct rifle. Won't make the Smithsonian, Cherish that thing!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts