Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just waunt to let sarge& squacks and the rest out there. I am still kicking . not to high though; been doing some squirrel hunting . but been a bad year for nuts here , all my hickory bidn't bare this year. just a few acorn. and they ate then up early.just wating for leaves to get off trees now.I went deer hunting last week muzzel loder. killed 2 1doe&1buck. since I posted here have put a nother year on now 77. still tring to hunt & fish did good on catfish this year.cant walk but sit in my chair and if he comes along he is mine. I can still shoot. don't miss much.I reed this post all the time.I keep up with yaul just dont post much.

[good hunting] al

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Hey Al... tried to get hold of ya... but you must have changed email on me.. they came back undeliverable.. GOOD TO HEAR FROM YA>> :lol:

·
Registered
145 Posts
foxsquirrel75,

Good to see you found us here, I thought you may have gotten lost when the old marlin board went down.
I Welcome you Sir.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Nice to see you back. We are well past due for some tips on armchair squirrel hunting techniques! :wink:

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
131 Posts
Foxsquirrel,

I'll bet you have a lot of stories to share and have the patience of a grandfather. Please share some of the squirrel hunting and fishing stories with us.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea. I have fished & hunted a good part of my life. the trouble is I have had 2 major operations,. being put to sleep so long I lost a lot of memory. but if some of it comes back I will be more than glad to post them.

[good hunting] al

·
Registered
706 Posts
foxsquirrel75 said:
yea. I have fished & hunted a good part of my life. the trouble is I have had 2 major operations,. being put to sleep so long I lost a lot of memory. but if some of it comes back I will be more than glad to post them.

[good hunting] al
I sure know that feeling. I have had a bad memory for as long as I can remember. :lol:

·
Registered
363 Posts
AL!

it sure is good to hear from you! i have often thought of you and wondered where you got off to.

glad to hear you are still counted among us!

the squirrel season has been a strange one. most of the mast crop failed this year and only the bottomland specie of oaks seem to have put on an abundance of nuts.

the pin and shumard oak down in the scatters of shawnee were absolutely covered with nuts. they were also absolutely covered in squirrels! they were in september for the shawnee hunt and they are still there now. these are the fattest squirrels i have ever seen!

these trees can grow right in the water alongside gum and cypress. if you can get to such a place, there may be squirrels there.

here is wishin the best for you and to your health. hope to hear from you more often!

good luck!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HELLO SQUACKS! was wondering where you went. then I saw you was on a hunt. I am glad some one found sq.BOY I sure didn't not this year.well maby next year. good to hear from you . take care of yourself.

[good hunting] AL

·
Registered
97 Posts
Al,
Boy was I happy to see your post. I thought about you at Shawnee this fall and a couple of times when I took my boys squirrel hunting after I returned.
I'm glad to hear your doing ok and made a dent in the deer population.

I hope you will post more often now as it is always enjoyable to read your writings.

Wannabe

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well went sq. hunting yesterday. head shot 2 those little buggers.boy both of them fell down a verry steep valey.no way i could get to them till i came home [which was't far] got me a 100 ft rope and tied one inn to a tree and then had no trouble getting them.when there 's a will there is a way i guess. some of my deer fall down those gullies to. i got a 400 hundred foot rope to pull them out tie on back riding lawn mower and pull them out. I just hunt a little ways from the house.setting in a chair or on the lawn mower.
[good huntoing] AL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts