Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got home from Tulsa, and had a great weekend!
Scored 3 rifles, a nice Remington 521T that I have wanted for some time.
I also scored a very early 158 Topper in .30-30!
And here is the kicker, I scored an NEF Sportster .22! Never thought I would ever see one, much less bring one home for $175!
Only thing is it is missing it's front sight. The little 3-56 screw is there, but the sight is gone.
It's midnight here and I am running out of gas. In the morning I am going to see if the front sight off that goofy 10ga. Tracker barrel I have will fit. If it does I'm home free!
Otherwise I will have to search...Pics tomorrow! Had a great weekend!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had to deal with too much life today. Tomorrow...

·
Registered
198 Posts
congrats on your newer rifles. i know that you will enjoy them..

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, finally caught up enough for pics. Please excuse the less than stellar pics, my phone is all I have.
NEF .22 "Sportster".
I took the front sight off my 10 ga. "Tracker" barrel. It fits kinda, but
I have no idea if it is the right height. That is why I am looking for a correct front sight.
But I'm betting I will eventually buy a mount and put a decent 3-9 on top.
Little rifle is nearly perfect minus the front sight, and I really like the diminutive size. looks like it will make a fun plinker.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You will like that Sportster in .22LR! Wish I'd gotten a .17 cal as well. I got one for my youngest daughter as well as a T/C Hotshot and a Contender carbine barrel about the same time for grandkids to use when they came. The Sportster was an afterthought but the price was right, so it came along. It's the only one left. The Hotshot wasn't much. The Sportster shot a lot better than the Contender barrel, which really surprised me. That's probably 15 yrs ago and it gets more use around the farm than any of our .22 rifles. Everyone likes to shoot it though it still has the youth tupperware stock. It shoots the older Federal AutoMatch extremely well (.75 on average) out to about 80 yds. Groups open to about 2" at 100 yds. As I recall, the only thing I ever did to it was a trigger job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts