Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is an old rifle, about 50yo. Seller sent me this pic,

So, I'm curious about appropriate pressure levels for the chamber and what kind of performance I dare squeeze out of this old beauty. Any thoughts on this?

I'm ordering a rcbs 200grn mold this week for my plinking needs and a couple of bags of Remington's 200grns for my hunting needs.

There is no joy, expect fatherhood :), that beats buying a new rifle and tooling up for it!

·
Registered
210 Posts
First off, congrats on the new (to you) 35! It's a great caliber and you can really have some fun with the reloads. Secondly, where on earth are you finding the Remington 200 grain core-locts? I haven't seen those available anywhere for about a year now...

·
Registered
395 Posts
Enjoy that rifle it is great piece.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Is that a 336A? What's the date of birth? Is it a Microgroove barrel?

Either way, it's a beauty. I love my 35's !

Regards,

B

Reactions: dhansen

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
That is nice

·
Registered
11,867 Posts
I sure wish I could find one like that. Great looking rifle. I like the forearm end cap and pistol grip of the "A" model.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Thanks!

Swedish retailer, guess they haven't run out here yet..

If they don't have a steady supply I'll just hunt with boolits instead.
Buy them all!

Remington is not selling the .35 caliber Core-Lokts as components any longer...

ADDING:

OOPS!

Darn nice gun!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not sure, I'll have to wait a couple of weeks before all papers are done.

It's not a micro groove, but that's about all I know :)

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Midway USA had Reminging .35 200gr round nose in late December and Graf's had the Rem 200 gr RN in February but they all "sold"" out in a week.

Nice rifle snag....

Chocdog

·
Premium Member
15,419 Posts
nice lookin' rifle

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Congratulations! Looks nice, and am sure she will serve you well. Gotta' love those .35 rems... :biggrin:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Nice rifle! Congrats!

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
That's a nice looking 336A you found there. It's not really considered an "antique" rifle and any loads you find in a published reloading manual should be fine in it. Just follow the guideline and start at the low end.

Congrads,
-Bob George

·
Registered
36 Posts
I bet that 35 destroyed that fox on the other side!!! looks like a nice rifle, odd seeing the long barrel to me but I haven't seen many A models.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Your getting one fine rifle! :congrats:

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
Congrats on your 336A! I have been surprised by the number of Marlins that have been imported to various countries in Europe! Your 35 can safely be loaded to the same pressure the 30-30 can, this is a bit more than most reloading info uses here in the states, not sure about info used in your country. I think I see Moose roast in your future. DP

1 - 20 of 37 Posts