Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just picked up this little beauty, a Redfield 2-3/4 off ebay. Mounts are Leupold Std base and low rings.

OK....dunno how I did that but if you click on the pics they get bigger...

·
Registered
550 Posts
Nice find :D Does it have a steel tube? I have an old Bear Cub that looks like that.(pre Redfield i think) It has a steel 26mm tube though-not 1" like yours. I had to have rings milled out for it.

What type of retical does it have?

John

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey John,

Yep steel tube, and its got the German reticle. No. 4 reticle I think they call it.

Im not familiar with Bear Cub. What have you got it mounted on?

Cheers, Scott.

·
Registered
550 Posts
It isn't mounted at this time. I don't like the reticle much. It was custom made ........never could understand why anyone would choose this style though. It looks like a life-savers lolli pop. A circle inside a larger circle with a post at the 6 o-clock position. I had it on a shot gun for awhile. Just put the turkeys head inside the circle & pull the trigger. ;D

The first Redfields were bear cubs. Mine is a Kollmorgen Bear Cub. Redfield bought the scope part of Kollmorgan sometime in the 50's. The optics are very good for the time. As i said before mine has a 26mm tube. Kollmorgan was a German optics engineer.

John

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jeepster360mag said:
Just put the turkeys head inside the circle & pull the trigger. ;D

John
John, I just had a vision of one of those old cop shows where the police officer has the bad guy in his sights and yells "freeze turkey"!!

You didnt mean that type of turkey though, did ya? ;)

Cheers, Scott.

·
Premium Member
12,567 Posts
Looks good!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts