Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On GB right now there is a Marlin 1897T AO NIB. Has anyone ever heard of these? First time for me?:hmmmm:

·
Registered
854 Posts
It's helpful to add the URL when you ask about a gun in an ad. Only $1,200 goferit.

Woops, I was all ready to bid till I saw the $60 s/h

·
Registered
832 Posts
I have one with the letter stating that only 117 were made. It seems like when I bought it I was told there were both straight and pistol grip models made. They are like a 39D with an octagon barrel. This one is priced about like any of the 97 Century Limited, Texan, Cowboy, or Annie Oakley’s but is the rarest of them.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have one with the letter stating that only 117 were made. It seems like when I bought it I was told there were both straight and pistol grip models made. They are like a 39D with an octagon barrel. This one is priced about like any of the 97 Century Limited, Texan, Cowboy, or Annie Oakley’s but is the rarest of them.
It is a beautiful rifle, but being that rare I would be hesitant to shoot it. I am more of a "plinker" than a collector myself. Cannot afford to have anything that I do not shoot. But hey...kudo's to those able to.:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Do you think this is too high priced? In terms of the holy grail what would you give it on s scale of 1-10, with 10 being the highest?

Todd

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you think this is too high priced? In terms of the holy grail what would you give it on s scale of 1-10, with 10 being the highest?

Todd[/QUOTE

In terms of it being the "holy grail" of Marlins. I would say a 10. You ask is the price to high? For my financial abilities ...yes. For a HARD CORE Marlin collector ...probably not. I would still love to have it though, but I would want to shoot it and that would probably affect the collector value?

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
There's no doubt in my mind that if it was shot it would then affect the value of the rifle. But on the other hand, how do you put a value on a rifle that only had 117 of them made? If it was shot and in perfect condition it might not make much difference. It's stuff like this that makes my mind go crazy:hmmmm:

Todd[/QUOTE

In terms of it being the "holy grail" of Marlins. I would say a 10. You ask is the price to high? For my financial abilities ...yes. For a HARD CORE Marlin collector ...probably not. I would still love to have it though, but I would want to shoot it and that would probably affect the collector value?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts