Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just opened the box on a Randall Camp and trail 5-4" knife I ordered approx. 2 1/2 years ago. I have read some criticism on Marlin Owners about the quality of the Randall knives currently being produced so I wanted to put my 2 cents in. I have collected Randall knives for many years and have bought sold and traded 100's over the years. Most Randall's I have dealt with were "used" or secondary market knives though I have bought probably 10-15 over the years directly from Randall. I have never seen a Randall knife with quality issues and this one is no exception. Nice pc of stag and the fit and finish are superb, it shaves the hair on my arm straight out of the box. While I understand most folks don't wont to wait 3-5 years for a custom knife that's just the way it is right now and has been for a long time with the popularity of Randall knives. I read on some blogs that "Randall needs to hire more craftsmen and increase production" in my view that's the last thing I want to see happen. There is nothing wrong with staying small and producing a quality American made product, and if people are willing to wait, and they are "don't fix what aint broke".. MHO. IMG_7990.JPG IMG_7991.JPG IMG_7992.JPG

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
I agree with dcsprings....ifn it aint broke don't fix it....have wanted a randall knife ever since I was a kid...used to see their ads in outdoor mags for 59.95....my folks got a big hee haw out of a knife at that price...maybe one day I'll get one.... that is way down the bucket list, but it is on there....

·
Premium Member
10,996 Posts
dcsprings,

I agree.........I've had a number of Randalls, and now only have a Model #20 Little Game, and a Model #14 Attack, Carbon w/ Border Patrol handle...........

I sold a GTR special, and a small Model #10 Salt Fisherman, some years ago...........Todays prices say that was a mistake, huh?

Great perfroming knives and worth the wait.

Re: Quality........I've looked casually at a few recent/current Randalls, and NEVER saw a reason to complain......ex for the prices, now.

Thats a nice Randall you just received..........I hope it won't live its life in a safe!...........

Tom

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Beautiful piece of work there my friend. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I too am a Randall Made user. They are the best in my opinion. Just pick one up and you can tell the difference.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Great Knife!!! My Randall #26 SS stag NS is a work of art and my goto knife I love it my #25 was stolen with most of my custom knifes. Widow

Reactions: Highhawk1948

·
Registered
569 Posts
Very nice!

·
Premium Member
16,802 Posts
Hey DC,

One fine blade!

Thank you for posting pics!

Later, Mark

Reactions: dcsprings

·
Registered
78 Posts
Very nice and practical size knife. I remember a time when many gun shops had Randall knives in there case. also going to the shop they would have 20 25 knives to purchase. I made many yearly trips just to check out the shop and buy a knife. Prices were down right reasonable . Only bowie knives were over $200.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts