Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like what the topic said, bought a brand new Henry US Survival AR-7 .22LR rifle.
It's really fun the shoot. Technically can hold three cartridges in the stock when you have transform it into it's conceal Stock mode. I did see where some heavily mod this rifle.
1. Does anyone have this rifle as well?
2. How do you like it?
3. Is it moded or customized?
4. Do you have a scope for it, and if so,what type did you go with?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Yep, I've had one for years. Mine is a Charter Arms version. Great little rifle! I don't know how many thousands of rounds I've fired through it but it still works great. I did briefly mount a scope but didn't care for it since it really does away with one of the primary reasons for the rifle, the take down storage ability. There are plenty of mods both aftermarket and homemade. One I did just for fun was a PVC stock. Just get some 1" thick wall and cut a slot the width of the receiver, drill a hole (3/8" I think, it's been a while) at an angle to match the angle of the threaded hole for the stock bolt. The threads, at least in my Charter Arms version are standard coarse and an eye bolt works fine to secure the PVC stock to the receiver. Mount a tee fitting for the buttplate and spray the whole thing black and presto, new stock. You can cut the any length you want and the eye bolt acts as a sling attachment point. Makes the gun a lot more compact when carrying it assembled compared to the fat floating stock.

·
Premium Member
15,449 Posts
congrats on the new rifle

Reactions: Lovenpain

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you my friend for the comments. It's a fun rifle to have and own.
Here's some James Bond movie facts about this gun:
It's first movie appearance was James Bond: Russia with love
It was actually the primary weapon used in Russia With Love.
It was also one of the first weapons that Q (Desmond Llewelyn) gives to James Bond:Russia With Love
Which was also the first appearance of Desmond Llewelyn playing the role as Q in James Bond: :Russia With Love

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ah, you suppose john that the newer model Henry has produced. Maybe resolved issues like those, perhaps?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got to shoot both my rifles last Saturday. Had a blast! Marlin is still my favorite to shoot. She left a good bruise on my shoulder. But, it'll toughen up! ;)

Reactions: Catherine
1 - 10 of 10 Posts