Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this SP1 in a trade. It's a 1970 SP1. For the most part anyway. I think the barrel might have been changed out. Just figured I'd throw an old school AR pic out here.

·
Premium Member
3,479 Posts
Very nice!!! You'll need to get some period triangular handguards to replace the A2 round ones.

How long is that barrel? I think you are correct that the barrel has been changed...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks . The barrel is 16in. The only markings on the barrel is the number 30. If I decide to keep it I will definitely get the correct barrel and the triangle handguards. Some of the metal has a few dings but it was made in 1970 so I can't nick pick to much.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Nice rifle Tmedic ;D ;D Looks like someone did some tinkering with that rifle to make it a little more user friendly ala shorter barrel and colapsable stock. If it turns out to be a decent shooter keep it as a utility rifle and customize it the way you want. If you put triangular hand guards on it and an A1 stock you could just call it an early dissapator model ;D ;D. Bush master was making dissapators back in the 80's.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I really like the AR platform. I've had a couple over the years but keep tradin em. Not sure if I'll keep this one or not. But I'll definitely shoot it first. ;D ;D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts