Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It came!
I've been on the LGS's list since April and they called me last night. It turns out they received two of these from Marlin.
One followed me home! (I paid $950 + background check and tax)

All in all, I'm very happy with it. I don't see anything wrong, or sub-standard. Fit and finish seems to be excellent (or at least very good). The checkering is machined and not as sharp as 'cut' checkering, but it's way better than no checkering or those painted black stocks like on the 1895 Trapper that I bought recently (and I really like that rifle too!).
The action is pretty smooth for a new rifle, and that should only get better. The XS sights line right up.

I broke out my Lyman trigger gauge:
Pulling straight back (parallel to the bore) I got consistent readings around 6 lbs. 12oz.
If I pull parallel to the lower edge of the buttstock, I get between 4 lbs. 15 oz. and 5 lbs. 6 oz., which I think is pretty good.

I don't expect to get to my range until Monday at the earliest, but if this rifle is accurate, I'm going to love it!

Thank you Marlin! :adore:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I went to the range today. Fired a box of American Eagle 158gr.JSP and a box of UMC 125gr.JSP, both at 45 yards (farthest distance my range has). The first pic is the 158gr. The second pic is when I switched to the 125gr. which were shooting higher. In the 3rd pic, I had corrected my aim but was shooting a bit to the right. I'm happy with this rifles accuracy!

I LOVE .357 magnum in a carbine! Unlike 22LR, you KNOW your shooting a rifle, but recoil is really minimal.
I could fire .357 magnum ALL DAY LONG in this rifle.
I like 44 magnum too, but that kicks a bit more - especially with hot loads.

When I got home, Amazon had delivered my 'Outdoor Connection Super Sling 2' in 'Break Up' pattern.
The stock is basically shades of black, grey and white, but there are some brown tones where the checkering is, so I think they go well together.
So for now, it's going to be wearing this sling.

Text Pattern Design Games Pattern
Pattern Text Font Design Plaid
Pattern Font Design Line Rectangle
Firearm Gun Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have been waiting on this for years glad it came out guess I better get on a list.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.