Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I just picked up a super clean Marlin 30-30, and the stock is cracked. The only model # or serial # I can find, designates it as a Model 36, or 36A.

The stock has a crack in it, right between the two metal pieces that come out of the receiver, above the lever.

Any idea where I can find a replacement stock, or replacement stock and forend?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
It's probably fixable. Inside the stock cut, drill a veritcal hole across the crack for a brass pin or a screw. Force a good wood glue into the crack, and into the drilled hole. Insert pin or screw and clamp with a small C clamp or wrap with a stretched rubber tube. Let dry for 24 hrs then file the screw or pin flush with the wood.

Stronger than new, and you did it yourself. Cheaper than a new stock and the wood still matches.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont know...the stock is split in two, long ways, from just behind the rear most point of the tang, forward along the side of the tang to the front of the stock. Im looking around for a factory replacement regardless, but may try to repair this just for the experience of doing it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
new stock

I dont know...the stock is split in two, long ways, from just behind the rear most point of the tang, forward along the side of the tang to the front of the stock. Im looking around for a factory replacement regardless, but may try to repair this just for the experience of doing it.
I bought a new stock for my 336 marlin from Boyds gunstock co. and I was very happy.I finished it so that you couldn't even tell it was a replacement,except for the buttplate(mine was broken,so I used the one from Boyds.) cost me 80.00 with shipping,it fit well, and I was very satisfied.
Rocky Branch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts