Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I was walking along an old railroad bed today . LO! about 65 yds away a large porcupine waddled his butt across in front of me. my Savage 99H 303 160 gr gummy tip. pop! DRT . they do alot of damage. # 5 this year!
That is one animal that has always amazed me. What a weird creature.They are just strange little things.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
I have never seen a porcupine anywhere in Ohio (even when I lived only two miles from the border with Pennsylvania). In Pennsylvania, I have encountered them while grouse hunting, as have, over the years, two of my bird dogs. Because of that, I always carry pliers with me when bird hunting in PA, MI, or MN.

·
Registered
28,747 Posts
I was walking along an old railroad bed today . LO! about 65 yds away a large porcupine waddled his butt across in front of me. my Savage 99H 303 160 gr gummy tip. pop! DRT . they do alot of damage. # 5 this year!

stupid question from a ca'jun! Are they eatable? Lol!

ca'jun56

·
Banned
4,647 Posts
Is it legal to just blast them on sight? Wife and I were at a rest stop once here in CO for a smoke and a snack, and got to observe one up real close to us. Very cool looking lil' critter, wish I'd had a camera with me.

·
Registered
28,747 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts