Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Wally World on my lunch hour and special ordered an H&R 1871 45-70 Buffalo Classic. $303.13 after tax. ($285.97 + 6%) Price was honored that was shown on their site. :)

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/prod...&path=0:4125:4155:170080:170083:170083:170092

The procedures I had/have to go through.

1. Print out page from Walmart's site.
2. Took the printout to the gun counter in sporting goods.
3. Talked to sales person.
4. Sales person and I had to go back to Lay-Away to perform the special order.
5. Had to put 50% or more down on item and fill out typical lay-away info.
6. Wait til it comes in, then do the paperwork and background check.

The Walmart employees were unsure on how long it'd take since it was the first time either employee had done such an order. The one guy gave me and estimate of upto 2 weeks at most. ...but it could be there the next day depending on location of item right now.

I'll keep you guys advised as to how things progress.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ordered one in oct. from my local dealer he thought it would six months to a year. let us know if wally world has any better luck

G

·
About one month ago I ordered one from my dealer on a Monday & picked it up on Friday. 5 days! Because of the approaching deer season (at that time) I have only fired it about 30 rounds but I believe it has potential.

I hope Wally World doesn't take too long.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I dont know why there would be a problem hear on long island the guy in the islandia store just calls the distributor to see if he has one in stock

1 - 5 of 5 Posts